The trend of layering a lace trimmed slip under a baggy fit jumper-dress has spread like wildfire since last year, and while I love the lace-and-knit, wool-and-silk look, I’ve been trying to think about how to do things just that little bit differently, and looking to those in the street who already do. I’ll always have room in my wardrobe for silk or lace kimonos, but it’s reached a point of being just that little bit too chilly to wear them alone. I’m looking for the perfect knit cardigan collection to layer over a growing kimono collection; some tacking or pinning of the customary sleeves of kimonos will be required here. A fur gilet would also look great; or layered over the cardigan and kimono. It’s sunny today, so I’ve opted for simple flats, but if the weather turned gloomy, I would switch for baggy, thick knit socks and a great pair of lace up boots.
1. Whistles Aya Tie Waist Skirt in Ivory. £195. Available here.
2. Topshop Satin Soft Crop Button Top. £26. Available here.
3. Topshop Ruffle Soft Lace Kimono. £60. Available here.
4. Vero Moda Long Open Cardigan. £23.97. Available here.
5. Zara Flat Shoes with Bow in Navy. £19.99. Available here.
6. Ted Baker Botanical Bloom Print Lady Bag. £109. Available here.
7. My Flash Trash Amethyst Slice Silver Chain Necklace. £14.50. Available here.
8. River Island Silver Tone Encrusted Leaf Thumb Ring. £3. Available here.