Award Shows always bring out the ‘OTT fashionista’ in me, and I thought (with some encouragement…. no…. nagging from my lovely fashion-obsessed girlies), as I tend to spend hours after every big event like the Golden Globes talking about what every wore, I may as well post it on my blog.
I love looking at all of the beautiful dresses, and raising a brow at the fashion faux pas. If only it was acceptable to walk around in evening gowns like those seen at the Oscars and Golden Globes without people accusing me of insanity…
Those that I LOVE
1. I love Heidi Klum’s dress; from Alexandre Vauthier’s Fall 2012 Couture Collection. Worn with Louboutin ‘Un Bout’ pumps and Lorraine Schwartz jewels…. exactly how it was worn on the catwalk, in fact. She looks like a goddess! With some vintage hollywood glamour thrown in there, with her hair styled into lovely golden curls. Wow.
2. Naomi Watts is another lovely who cannot do wrong in my eyes (I like to pretend that the little fashion fiasco of the 25th Annual Israeli Film Festival didn’t happen!). I need this dress. I don’t know when I would ever get to wear it… but its just lovely. I love the colour, I love that it’s backless and elegant and demure. I love that its a Zac Posen dress – I’ve loved him ever since I first watched the Sex and The City movie! I would have probably added a tinnnyyy bit of matching plum red lip gloss, but nothing as heavy as matte lipstick, but there you go.
3. Kate Hudson. This is quite possibly my favourite dress of them all! It’s McQueen (Sarah Burton), and I just love the neck detail – the basic style and cut of this dress is really classic, but the neck detail just makes it like.. wow. Someone buy me this dress please? It’ll only be… about several grand….
4. Nicole Kidman. More Alexander McQueen!!! Yay 😀 The stud detail around the neckline is very McQueen, but not in a ‘oh when are they going to get over that and move on?’ kind of way – and her hair is the perfect length for that. In fact that’s one thing about Kate Hudson’s dress; as much as her hair is great down, it hide the detail around the collar! The sheer midriff is amazing, and of course she has the figure to pull it off. Note to the chavs who I often see lingering outside of Derby’s Mcdonalds in size 18+ crop tops, no, you cannot pull this off… and please stop wearing crop tops!
5. I’ve seen this in four or five people’s ‘worst dressed’ blogs.. but I like it It’s a Halston gown too, so not as insanely, bank-busting expensive as all of the McQueens and de la Renta’s.. I can’t understand why so many people don’t like it!
6. Honestly I think Helen Mirren is my ultimate beauty/fashion idol – in a ‘i hope I look that good when I’m in my 60’s’ kind of way, rather than a ‘I want to look/dress like her right now in 2013’ kind of way, of course! Stunning, stunning, stunning. Badgley Mischka, I love you ♥
7. Sally Field is another gem who looks amazing for a woman in her mid-sixties! I swear celebrities are a whole different species!! They just never age!! I think this dress was custom made by her.. I’m not sure, so I’ve heard, but it definitely looks perfect on her! The colour, the cut, everything! It’s Alberta Ferretti. Love.
8. Sofia Vergara, of Modern Family. Unfortunately couldn’t find out who designed this dress, but I love it. So elegant! And luckily there was no wardrobe malfunction like the huge fiasco of the Emmy 2012 awards that she shared all over her twitter page!
9. Kelly Osbourne. I never would have thought that the purple rinse would have worked… and at first I really hated it, but it’s since grown on me and quite frankly, she looks amazing! The purple really goes well with the colour of her dress, which is also by the lovely Zac Posen. In some shots that I’ve seen, it looks more of a cream/very pale green, but going from this shot, I love the sea foam/pale duck egg blue – probably my favourite colour at the moment!
10. My, my… did you see her face when Adele won? She reminded me of that scene in Mean Girls, you know, to your face its: ‘oh my god your skirt is so cute, where did you get it?’, and behind your back, ‘that’s the ugliest skirt I’ve ever seen’. I don’t think Miss Swift is used to losing. And personally I’m so glad that Adele won! As for her dress.. Donna Karen, so elegant, love the colour, shame about the visible stick on bra in some shots…
Facebook – Twitter – Instagram – Google+ – Pinterest – Polyvore