And the ones that I HATE…
1. At first when I saw Jennifer Lopez’ dress, I was amazed, not because of the dress itself as such, but more just because I was thinking ‘wow, is she even wearing anything from the knees up, or did she just hire a body artist?!’ but then this thought trickled away and I actually looked at the dress itself… I am all for the whole ‘if you’ve got it, flaunt it’ trend, but there is a fine line between sexy flaunting and downright slutty…. I mean, I know there’s nude fabric protecting Ms Lopez’ modesty, its not just 100% lace, but still…. jeez.
2. I was so disappointed when I saw Rachel Weisz’ dress. I love her! She’s beautiful, she’s an amazing actress – have you not seen The Constant Gardener?! But this…? Damn it Rachel!
3. Another big disappointment. I always look to Sienna Miller when I can’t quite decide what to wear or I’m stuck in a bit of a fashion rut… this dress was a bad choice 😦 I just don’t get it, it’s silly, its fussy, it looks like something my five year old sister would design… just no.
4. At first, I put this Carolina Herrera dress straight into the Worst Dressed category . but it’s growing on me. I can’t decide if its because I’m starting to like the dress itself, or because it reminds me of a typical Tim Walker Vogue spread and therefore I, being a huge Tim Walker fan, want to photograph this dress! However, I do love how Lucy Liu has teamed it with a yellow clutch bag and casual fishtail braid! I never did master those damn fishtail braids before I decided to cut off all of my hair!
5. Lena Dunham in Zac Posen….. love the dress… but not on her. It just doesn’t suit her, in my opinion… though the chocolate hue definitely does!
6. Kerry Washington… nooooo. It’s just such a bizarre dress… Miu Miu, lovely colour, but I don’t understand this whole short under-dress, long sheer over-skirt thing – just as with Rachel Weisz’ dress. That’s a really strange trend for me, and I’ll be glad when it’s over!
7. Julianne Moore is wearing a custom made Tom Ford dress… I love the dress, and I love Julianne Moore, but not together. I don’t think she has a defined enough waist to pull this off, and while I’m guessing the monochrome waist detail is supposed to bring in her waist, it just doesn’t… However, I do love the back of the dress!
8. Halle Berry.. I’m torn about this Versace gown.. the one shoulder look really suits her, in fact the entire dress from the waist up suits her, and I love the sheer fabric detail on the shoulder, but the cut out bodice is a mess and it’s just too.. busy.
9. Giuliana Rancic’s dress would be great for a Vogue Halloween party, but it’s just too gothic and cold for something like the Golden Globes. And it would have looked better had it actually been an off-the-shoulder dress, rather than having the weird nude-coloured fabric over her shoulders.
10. Finally… Jessica Chastain in Calvin Klein… the colour really suits her amazing hair colour.. buttttt.. the horrible baggy top of the dress really ruins her boobs!
Facebook – Twitter – Instagram – Google+ – Pinterest – Polyvore