The instant I saw this dress, one thing came to mind: Venice. This thought was closely followed by a second; the reason behind the first: Indiana Jones. More specifically, that scene in The Last Crusade when Indie first meets Elsa in Venice, and – and I know that this is an inaccuracy on my part – but while I have seen that movie a thousand times, and I know that she wore a grey suit during that scene, in my mind, I always recall her as wearing a beautiful white dress with a collar.. like this. I couldn’t even tell you why. This dress is the perfect replica of what my imagination has created for Elsa’s character (perhaps she wears a dress like it elsewhere in the film, because it’s so clear in my head!). It’s a beautiful, classic, vintage-style design, with a flattering, figure hugging cut and that beautiful belt detail, reminiscent of what we are seeing on the runways right now. With such a crisp white dress, I decided to go to town with accessories, from a vintage-style headscarf (I’m picturing a tuft of a coiffed quiff visible beneath the silk), the bold splashes of orange and mint, and the subtle pink lip that matches that bracelet perfectly, I’m pretty damn pleased with the final look… now I just need for someone magical to manifest it for me immediately!
1. Altuzarra Calvino Satin and Crepe Dress. £1,170. Available here.
2. Rupert Sanderson Romantica Patent-Leather Pumps. £475. Available here.
3. Valextra La Scala Textured-Leather Clutch. £670. Available here.
4. Toast Tabitha Bracelet. £. 22. Available here.
5. I Love Ugly Samuel Watch in Mint. £70. Available here.
6. River Island Black Oriental Print Satin Square Scarf. £13. Available here.
7. Accessorize Arrow Head Long Pendant. £7. Available here.
8. NARS Lipstick in Catfight. $26. Available here.
9. Eyeko Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eye Do Eyeliner. $19. Available here.