I’ve spent the last
two days day and a half at Notting Hill Carnival, and on Saturday, it was lovely, sunny, generally warm but for a few gusts of a chilly breeze. As expected, it was cloud, chaotic, the air thick with the smoke of a thousand BBQs as everyone whose homes lined the carnival route made the most of the event, selling everything from jerk chicken to curry to sweet treats to raise a few pounds for themselves. I even saw people advertising their bathroom for public use – for a small fee. Today, however, the heavens opened, and the plastic, neon disposible rain macs that for some reason become acceptable the moment a person either a) travels to a rainy country, entering stereotypical tourist territory, or b) a person attend a festival/carnival. Personally, I hate them, and so I couldn’t help but focus today’s ‘if only’ outfit around the chicest plastic mac that I could find, as my own classic beige trench only served me well for about an hour.
Ah, England, what is it with you and rainy bank holidays?
1. ASOS Long Line Rain Mac with Spot. £35. Available here.
2. ASOS Premium Full Skirt in Bonded Satin. £70. Available here.
3. Topshop Lace Bralet. £22. Available here.
4. H&M Knitted Cardigan in White. £7.99. Available here.
5. Kurt Geiger Bettie Black Boots. £75. Available here.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Karlie Textured-Leather Mini Shoulder Bag. £222. Available here.
7. Alexander McQueen Skull Bead Bracelet. £365.65. Available here.
8. Topshop Oval Stone Ring Set. £12.50. Available here.
9. Topshop Plain Black Cord Bracelet. £14.50. Available here.
10. River Island Gold Tone ‘Cute as a Button’ Bracelet Set. £7. Available here.
11. Accessorize Long Bobble Rope Necklace. £15. Available here.
12. Accessorize 2x Bordeaux Sparkley Stretch Set Bracelets. £10. Available here.
13. Vision Star Dome Umbrella in Clear. £19.99. Available here.
Facebook – Twitter – Instagram – Google+ – Pinterest – Polyvore