I’m a few years behind everyone else, I know, but today I came across the ‘No More Page Three‘ campaign. For those of you who are unaware, Page Three is a controversial daily feature in The Sun newspaper, each day printing a photograph of a topless glamour model across the entire page. It’s something that I have never understood, especially in this day and age. Surely we should have moved forwards by now? Though I think such a campaign should be weary not to inadvertently rouse the pro-page3 squad into action to save their beloved daily… well, it’s basically soft porn, really, isn’t it? Let’s face it, there is no other reason to pose topless shots in a newspaper than for men to gawp at and teenage boys to… hide in their bed sheets. They are not artistically shot, and so cannot be described as art, naked models means that they cannot be classed as fashion, there is not cultural positive to them… I see no place for them within any newspaper.
I’m getting carried away… my point is, what better way to wear a campaign t-shirt than with a leather skirt and chunky shoes? Yes, that was my point, honest.
1. Zero+MariaCornejo Nebi Leather Skirt. £1,285. Available here.
2. No More Page Three T-Shirt. £15. Available here.
3. Topshop Graphic Print Faux Fur Trim Cardigan. £60. Available here.
4. River Island Black Peep Toe Sling Back Platforms.
£60 £35. Available here.
5. Elizabeth and James Cynnie Mini Leather Shoulder Bag. £385. Available here.
6. Valentino Printed Silk-Chiffon Scarf. £305. Available here.
7. Finds Ela Sone Liad Gold-Plated Amethyst Cuff. £65. Available here.
8. Rosantica Gold-Dipped Agate Bracelet. £60. Available here.
9. Aurélie Bidermann Rosebud Gold-Plated Ring. £175. Available here.