There are certain things that I think are best bought on online markets such as Etsy (and I am yet to find better than Etsy), and body jewellery is definitely on that list. When did jewellery suddenly become so interesting (I know, I know, this isn’t a new trend), and Etsy makes it all the more so, because suddenly, we’re not limited to the same old, same old that appears on the high street, or even the more exclusive, but still widely-available designer pieces. We can buy the individual creative gems of a whole host of upcoming, locally established or hobby designers, people whose work we would never otherwise see. Instead of wearing something that is worn by the millions of others who stop at that retail brand worldwide, we can buy something and see there on the screen that there are only a few available, or even, only one unique item.
I honestly think that sites like Etsy are helping drive jewellery in a whole new direction, away from conventional necklaces, earrings, pearls, jewels and diamond rings, and instead we find ourselves wearing handflowers bracelets, body chains over our clothes and weird and wonderfully draped chains that I don’t even know the name of. Personally, I love it.
I especially love hand flower bracelets. While body chains are pretty, and subtly sexy, they can be cumbersome, and I don’t know about you, but I’ve been known to snap more than a few fine chains from forgetting that I am wearing them, or from simply snagging them as I rush through a busy street. I find that ear cuffs can be a bit too hard and edgy for my general style, and I tend to lose my knuckle/midi rings because I subconsciously twist and remove them, never to be seen again. Hand flowers, however, are delicate, beautiful, and they don’t get in my way. They are especially great for special occasions, I find, such as to finalise a guest’s outfit at a boho wedding… or even the boho bride herself, perhaps?
I’ve browsed through Etsy and chosen a few of my favourite hand flower bracelets currently on the market. I want them all…
1. Alapop Jewellery. Turquoise Drape Hand Chain Bracelet. £14.86. Available here.
2. Paula B Design. Hodu Hand Chain Ring/Bracelet. £47.66. Available here.
3. Femme Mecanique. Hand Harness No. 4. Tribal Chic Jewellery. £40.23. Available here.
4. Uncommon Folk. Beaded Egyptian Link Hand Chain Bracelet. £29.71. Available here.
5. Elea Jewellery. Gold Hand Chain Bracelet. £22.28. Available here.
6. Funny People Co. Boho Hand Chain Bracelet. £9.90. Available here.
7. Lone Wolf Accents. 24K Gold Crystal Hand Chain Bracelet. £41.47. Available here.
8. Love Caroline O. Gold Hand Chain Hand Chain Bracelet. £6.80. Available here.
9. Gold Cuff Ring Hand Bracelet. £11.14. Available here.